Authors have different needs, so we have priced our services to match your needs. Another of our goals is to make our pricing fair and affordable.
- Formatting Services :
- We have based our rates on the size of your manuscript. This pricing includes adding a properly sized cover image, provided by the author, along with scene break graphic's, and other internal images of reasonable size. If you have an alternate book type or a large number of images, we may have to apply an additional charge to the pricing. Our formatter does mobi, ePub, smashwords, KDP, Ingram Spark, and Nook Press. For ease of pricing all prices are in US Dollars.
|Word Count||eBook build
(ePub and mobi) Format
|10k – 20k||$25||$25||$35||$25||$25|
|20k – 40k||$30||$30||$40||$30||$30|
|40k – 70k||$35||$35||$45||$35||$35|
|70k – 100k||$40||$40||$50||$40||$40|
|100k – 130k||$45||$45||$55||$45||$45|
|130k – 160k||$50||$50||$60||$50||$50|
|160k – 200k||$55||$55||$65||$55||$55|
|200k – 240k||$60||$60||$70||$60||$60|
- Proofreading Services :
- We provide outstanding proofreading support by an experienced member of our staff. Proofreading comes at the end of the publication cycle. It's the final check before the book is printed or, in the case of eBooks, before it is formatted and sent to distributors. It is intended to pick up the final typos, spelling mistakes, and to correct inconsistencies. Proofreading services include spelling, grammar and punctuation along with inconsistency of style. The task of the proofer is not revision, but correction ó making sure that no typographical errors remain in the manuscript.
- $.002 per word.
- Copy Editing Services :
- We can provide copyediting support by an experienced editor who can ensure your final product is ready. Copyediting Services include finding the final typos, spelling mistakes, and to correct inconsistencies similiar to the proofreading services. The copy editorís task is to finesse a writerís prose so that it observes all the conventions of good writing. It includes Correcting grammatical errors, Pointing out redundancies, Looking for repetition, Suggesting revisions to improve sentence and paragraph flow, suggesting revisions to improve syntax, and Revising the formatting to prepare the text for publication. To properly utilize this service, the editor uses the track changes feature of Word. Please make sure you know how to use this feature and that it is turned on for all changes. Please note, this is not a full content review, also known as Development editing, substantial editing, or structural editing. A review is completed by the copyeditor prior to issuance of the contract.
- $.003 per word.
- Payments :
- At this time, we only accept PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can pay by credit or debit card, through PayPal, following these instructions.
- Formatting Surcharges :
- A surcharge may be applied to the cost of the formatting services for books that contain images (other than title pages and simple graphics), lists, or special formatting requirements. The surcharge may be applied to each format and is usually based on the word count. The actual surcharge will be determined by a review of the manuscript. Formatting surcharge rates are normally
- 10k - 20k ($15.00)
20k - 75k ($20.00)
75k - 240k ($25.00)
- Source Conversion Surcharges :
- A surcharge may be applied to the cost of the formatting services for books source document is provided in a pdf format. The surcharge may be applied to the first format, assuming that all other formats are derived from that one converted source. This surcharge is usually based on the word count. The actual surcharge will be determined by a review of the source. Scource Conversion surcharge rates are
- 10k - 20k ($20.00)
20k - 75k ($30.00)
75k - 150k ($40.00)
150k - 240k ($50.00)
- Scenebreaks :
- Scenebreaks can be anything the author wants. Many times it is a series of astrerics. Some authors like to use graphics as scenebreaks. I have a collection of scenebreaks available for $15.00 each. Once you buy one, you can put it in as many of your books as you want, without additional costs. If you have one you need made and then used, I can usually get that done for the same price.
Getting a Quote or an Estimate
If you would like a quote or estimate on your desired services, or simply would like to get some questions answered, please drop us a note. We will return your email as soon as possible, and answer any of your questions. Including a confidential copy of your manuscript may make it easier for us to answer your questions or provide you a quote. If you are looking for a price quote, we can offer you an reasonable estimate based on your word count and then base the final cost on the actual word count from the copy of your manuscript. We can help with any simple updates prior to starting the actual formatting, but once we start, we are committed to that copy.
What to send us
Formatting Services :
We will need you to send us these items before the project is placed in the queue.
- The exact copy of the manuscript that you want processed, preferred in MS word .doc or .docx file format. It should be finished and ready to publish.
- The Cover image if it is to be included (see common questions if the cover is not yet ready).
Proofreading and Copyediting Services :
- If you would like a complementary first chapter proofread or edit, please send us the first chapter.
- For the complete proofread or edit we will need the exact copy of the manuscript that you want processed, preferred in MS word .doc or .docx file format. It should be finished and ready for us.